- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately);7 days programmable with up to 4 schedules per day. Only supports single stage (Y1) cooling
- Remote Control: Monitor and adjust your home's temperature and reduce energy consumption through your smartphone, tablet, or PC
- Easy install: Most people install the Trane XR524 thermostat in 30 minutes or less. NOTE: A 24 Volt common and hot wire MUST be connected to the control for operation. See manual for more details.
- Use It On The Go: The XR524 is Z-Wave compatible for use with leading home automation systems such as Nexia Home Intelligence. Communications: 908.42 MHz (Z-Wave RF)
- Filter and Maintenance Reminders: Send maintenance notifications and filter alerts to help extend the life of your HVAC system
Perfect exact replacement for thermostat that was 4-1/2 years old that failed when Duke replaced our entire neighborhood’s electric meters. Only needed to connect wires & did not need to replace wall holder. FYI Duke did not accept responsibility for any of the many houses that experienced failed electric appliances. Suggest if your electric company tells you electric meters are being replaced...turn everything off, flip all circuit breakers & unplug them all. Not overkill if it saves an appliance. A/C company estimated $450 to replace, took us 15 minutes.
I have an EcoBee 3 but I'm moving as much of my home automation as possible to local control, and this is nowhere near the looks but isn't bad for a LCD touch screen. The touch debounce is a bit sluggish but I won' be using the LCD much since the whole point is to control it with Z Wave. It was quicker to include than any other Z Wave lock or switch that I own -- it was detected in about 1 second after pressing the LCD!One useful thing over any of the 4 smart thermostats I've had in the past: my 1994 Carrier system is in specs for inrush and running amperage but momentarily dims the lights on startup due to the blower, compressor, and fan all kicking on at once. This thermostat lets you delay the blower by 5 seconds or more -- no more dimming lights!Can't comment on the scheduling, I have my own system for that. The generic Z Wave driver is not as precise in reporting as EcoBee's API -- I miss the temperature to tenths, humidity, and heat stage reporting, but I'll give those details up for being on local control.
Easy set up. Works with Frontpoint.
I was skeptical about the fuss of a smart thermostat but decided to give it a try and now I won't go back! I installed this to my heat pump and AC unit wires and it works great. It easily joined my zwave network on my Samsung smartthings hub. I am able to set temp, fan mode, and do scheduling all from the smartthings app. I can also set arrival schedules using my phone as sensor to arrive to a comfortable temp. Even when I'm away and not on my local wifi lan switching temp or fan mode is instantaneous as I'm told by someone at the home. One other thing, this unit does respond well to Alexa through the smartthings skill from the Alexa app.
This product is so easy to set up and use. The instructions provided are wonderful.