- ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat for your home that helps you save energy and stay comfortable
- Nest Thermostat turns itself down when you leave, so you don't waste energy heating or cooling an empty home
- A programmable thermostat that lets you create an energy-efficient schedule in the Google Home app on your Android or iPhone
- Remote control lets family members change the thermostat temperature from anywhere on a phone, laptop, or tablet
- Savings Finder looks for more ways your thermostat can help you save, and suggests tweaks to your schedule in the app; check with your energy provider to learn more about rebates and more ways to save on a Nest thermostat
- Smart thermostat with HVAC monitoring, which looks out for your heating and cooling systems; sends an alert if something doesn't seem right, along with helpful reminders to make maintenance easier
- It's easy to install your thermostat, typically in 30 minutes or less, with everything you need included in the box; it's compatible with 85% of heating and cooling systems
- The Nest Thermostat is designed to work without a C wire in most homes, but for some systems, including heating only, cooling only, zone controlled, and heat pump systems, you'll need a C wire or other compatible power accessory
- Control the temperature with your voice using smart home devices that work with Google Assistant or Alexa
Our house was built in 2003 and still has the original furnace. The Google compatibility test stated we were good to go. I pre-ordered the Nest and received it 2 days after it launched. I was so excited to get rid of our ancient thermostat. I installed it the same day! The Google Home app was really easy to use and walks you step by step through the install. I ran into an issue when I saw that our old thermostat wasn’t using a C (common) wire. There were three wires that weren’t hooked up. I went to the garage and opened up the furnace so I could look at the electrical panel. The same 3 wires were not hooked up to anything in there. I hooked one of the unused wires to the C wire on both ends (Nest & furnace). Boom! The C wire was recognized and we had constant power going to the Nest. Overall I love the look, the Home Screen displays the date, time, indoor/outdoor temperature and humidity. It’s easy to use with my Alexa Dot and does everything that we needed. We’re happy with it and would recommend it. Tip: check with your gas/electric provider they may have a rebate for buying a smart thermostat. We got $75 back!
This is my first Nest thermostat. I’ve used programmable thermostats with the ability to control from your phone before. This thermostat is very easy to install and user friendly. I love being able to control temperatures directly from my phone and have a set schedule depending on the time.
I order this on prime day and it arrived right after it was released. I did not check compatibility of my old thermostat and I have never installed a new thermostat in my life. Upon going though the step by step process, I realized that I did not have the all important "C" wire. My mistake. Well after 20 minutes of Youtube videos and a $15 dollar roll of 18/5 thermostat wire from home depot I was able to get in my attic, feed the new wire, connect all 5 wires to my existing furnace and install the thermostat with ease. You MUST have at least 3 wires coming from your heater for this to work, 4 if you have heat and AC.Overall, very happy with the design, function, and pricepoint. Even if I knew that I needed a "C" wire before purchasing this it would I still bought it.
I had my old thermostat removed and the Nest installed all within 30 minutes! Had a minor freak out during set up when it told me I would need a C wire BUT turned out I made a mistake when it asked what existing wires I had. Made that fix and it DID NOT require a C wire. I’ve had it installed for a little over a week with no issues. Air conditioning and heat both work.Linked with my echo within a minute and can use Alexa to adjust!
Within about 2 weeks of installation, this thermostat has already saved me big! I got a notice from it stating that my furnace had turned off unexpectedly many times and that I should check the unit for function. When I checked the furnace, I found that the previous owner of my house (purchased home in summer 2020 and had not used the heat until now) had never bothered to change the filter on the unit. This was causing a major airflow issue that could easily have caused premature furnace failure if left unattended. Thanks to the warning from this thermostat, I was able to fix the problem for the price of a new filter. Highly recommended!