- Meet the all-new Echo Dot - Our most popular smart speaker with Alexa. The sleek, compact design delivers crisp vocals and balanced bass for a full sound.
- Ready to help - Ask Alexa to tell a joke, play music, answer questions, play the news, check the weather, set alarms, and more.
- Control your smart home - Use your voice to turn on lights, adjust thermostats, and lock doors with compatible devices.
- Connect with others - Call almost anyone hands-free. Instantly drop in on other rooms or announce to the whole house that dinner's ready.
- Designed to protect your privacy - Built with multiple layers of privacy protections and controls, including a microphone off button that electronically disconnects the microphones.
Even a very senior citizen like myself set this up. Had to give a second try because video on calls sometimes worked and sometimes did not. Do not know what I did the second time that I did not do the first time...but success. Got this especially so I could talk to and see my brother in a nursing home. Still learning what all I can do.Three other family members are gifting their spouse Alexa echo show. Now I can see my grandchildren every day...and help them with homework as parents help others in the house. I can do the second grade work and most of the sixth grade...eighth may be a challenge!!??!
So I bought the echo dot because I keep forgetting to add items to my shopping list and figured it would be easier to just call things out as I see that I need them. This works great for that. I have also added additional lists other than shopping and to do. It's very convenient to ask her questions rather than look them up on the internet myself. I find myself using it more and more each day. The only thing I would change if I could, is the wake up name. I don't want to be limited to Alexa, Echo, , or Computer. I really really really want to name her Beetlejuice.
These Echos are so much better than HomePod Mini. And I’m very pro Apple, iPhone, watch, iPad, Apple TV & HomePod mini . I have two of these & never use my HomePod. How is it that Echo will connect to Apple TV but HomePod won’t? Siri still never knows answers to anything. And the fact that tapping the HomePod to see the volume controls is annoying. I do wish the volume controls on Echo lit up in dark but not a huge deal. Highly recommend these over HomePod. I got too that they are often on sale for half the price of HomePod!
I Purchased 2, with a special deal. I have an Alexa plus. Love the things she can do :-)As a blind person, I appreciate being able to ask her to do simple things :-) and TAH-DAH, she does :-) I don’t have a smart house, but I am totally enjoying getting to know my new devicesThe most challenging thing I have isI cannot change the name – Alexa – in the app. So when I’m using voice over on my cell phone, every time she says Alexa, my app responds to it and makes it difficult to do a set up. Keep working on it accessibility’s :-) thank you
I love this little thing! The sound quality is great, she understands commands pretty well. I've linked Alexa to my lights, music, and even my diffuser (!). She plays fireplace sounds, tells jokes and stories, a nifty device. This one is in the living room. I liked it so much that I bought a 3rd gen for the bedroom and am considering one for the bath.